Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tenanting/partitioning ports for Active Voice Repartee voicemail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

barevdes

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
US
Hi All,

How would I go about tenanting in Active Voice Repartee voicemail V7.47, running on OS/2 Warp 4?

I have an 8 port analog integration and would like to set 4 ports for use by one tenant and 4 ports for use by the other tenant. Both tenants are utilizing the same Avaya Definity PBX, but I need the dial-by-name directories to be separate.

Do I need to make a new partition for an additional Repartee installation or can I set it up so two instances of the software run at the same time from the same partition?

I'm a bit clueless about OS/2... Our Repartee features are: 8ports VM5 VCS FL1. We don't have a network connection and so don't use VM or VC.

Thanks,
barevdes

been awhile so don't know exact locations for programming
but you just set up the first 4 ports(for example)to be answered by a greeting box 222 and the other 4 port by a different greeting box , and each box act like its own auto attendant

the only draw back of this is that it's like having 2 4 port vmails and not 1 8port

leave the os the way it is all the changes are just programing of the repartee

no additional partition needed
and no to second instance of software required

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Thanks fireeater! One question though, if I set it up as you suggest, won't I still just have one dial-by-name directory in the system? (the "enter the first three letters of the user's last name" directory) Is there a way to separate it into two separate directories?

no you will have only one directory

but i can't see that being a problem it's not like you have to list the names

if they know the name who cares what department it belongs to

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my goal for the system, but thought it would be too confusing in the initial post. We need to have two separate dial-by-name directories.

This is for a medical university. They want patients dialing in to be able to leave their doctor a message, but they don't want them to be able to hear the doctor's direct extension, or to have the doctor's phone ring immediately. To accomplish this, we put in a set of "dummy" users for the doctors that are listed in the directory and take messages which go to the doctors' "real" extension. Their "real" extensions are not listed in the directory.

At the same time, they want staff and faculty to be able to dial in to a separate dial-by-name directory and have them hear the person's real extension number and for the person's phone to actually ring. Since this would include doctors, there needs to be two directories. One with fake extensions to leave doctors messages, and one with real extensions which ring the doctor's (and other staff's) phone.

Hope that makes sense. If my system had the hospitality features, I could rig this using the guest directory, but alas I have the basic feature set.

i understand now what you are looking for

i don't recall anything that can give you a second directory like that

the only way i know of to do what you are looking for would be a second vmail, don't know of any way to run 2 instances of repartee on the same box, unless you can run 2 separate
versions of the os2 at the same time, but then again if you could you would need another interface card for the ports

if you could get the hospitality feature ,may work but where could you get it for a older system

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Yep. Sounds like you've ended up about where I am. Thanks though for confirming my suspicions!

I have searched for hospitality features for the old system, and found a few, but outside my budget range :(

I currently have two 4-port interface cards, so maybe if I were able to have two OS2 running at the same time on the same computer, I could have them grab only one card at a time. This sounds like it could work, but there are a lot of "if's" to figure out.

Thanks again :)

too bad you need the hardware key to use the system or you could copy everything to another box and run both

you probably have the parallel port key and not the usb key

you may be able to copy the usb key with some software on the net

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Yep. Parallel key. Good idea though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back