Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tenant Partitioning in IPO 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerajMohammed

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
I have been informed by Avaya that IPO support Tenant Partitioning.
I have an IP Office 500 V2 R6.0 with 50 IP Extension.

1.5 IP Extension are part of one hunt group-1 (there would not be able to make an Out-Bound call Via PRI).
2.45 IP Extension are part of anther hunt group-2 (there would be able to make an Out-Bound call Via PRI).

I would like to implement the following scenario in my office.

If an extension from hunt group-2 makes a PRI call, he/she should not be able to conference extension from hunt group-1.

Whoever you spoke to lied/is full of crap, IPO does not support tenant partitioning at all, you can make different numbers ring different groups and users dial out of certain trunks but that's not the same thing :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Avaya are mistaken

the IPO does not support tenancy partitioning

the best you can achieve is to have different users use different line groups.

you will not be able to prevent user in tenant 1 calling user in tenant 2

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

whilst i agree with the above, you can avoid that happening by giving each company seperate access to the conference resources and telling them not to conference others from outside their company.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

if we could rely on end users to do as they were instructed we would have a much simpler time of things
call baring would be unnecessary for a start

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

You could use user short codes perhaps to disable dialing between the different groups of extensions...
ie
SC 8XX for the extensions you don't want to dial
feature BUSY/ BARRED
telephone number; doesn't matter .

make some user rights groups up with just the short code tab populated and applied to user rights, then apply correct user right to relevant users.
and extend that to the correct trunk groups beyond that if they need a ? SC to go to different trunk groups for billing/ outbound CLI purposes.

haven't tried this myself, but I can't see why it wouldn't work? give it a whirl. :)

doh! i haven't had a chance to have a play yet... sounds like moot point tho. it just doesn't do it. hmmmm so user short codes apply after matching user and hunt group numbers, bugger.
wonder if there's some way of creating a conflict on purpose with a dial action like dial emergency or something? make it go to a null destination or something?
have different "tenants" in different extension ranges, say 6XX for one and 8XX in another, for the 8XX users, make 6XX dial emergency, . (guessing 6XX wouldn't match anything on public network, or send to invalid line group?) OR it still matches the frign extension/or hunt group and doesn't get that far in the first place!

:) love a challenge!

the only real way is to have every user set to DND and add exceptions.

e.g

room 1 = 200 ->210

so all exeptions in DND are:

2XX
00XX
0X

plus any Hunt groups they might be in.

and so on.

ACSS - SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search