Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporisation problem for occounting records HiPath 3550

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnitax

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2010
Hi all.

First excuse my little english,

We would like, for some purposes, to have accounting records printed as soon as we terminate the call even if the number is wrong;

ex : 1605, 1740 ... etc. We can get the records concerning theses calls but only after wainting 5 seconds before terminate calls.

Is it possible to have this duration equal 0 and if so, how to do it with Manager E ?.

Any answer will be helpful.

Thanx in advance.

Hi,

Depending on the software version you have on the 3550, if you go to call charges, output format in Man E and select 'on ringing' it will output all call records not just answered calls.

Cody 64

Hi all,

Thanx cody64 for your reply.

I have already set this flag. In fact I have all calls but the problem is that I must wait a few seconds (5-10) before terminate the call,
otherwise the call is not generated by CDR. I was wondering: Is there any temporisation to modify, on system, so the call will appear immediately (ie : take the phone of the hook + compose + terminate the call (without waiting 5-10 seconds)).

sincerely yours.

[smile]Hi cody64,

I made a mistake because the flag I have set is "Outboud calls without connexion" (Excuse the bad tradution because my MAN E is in frensh). I have just read the documentation about "on ringing" flag. It tells that When this flag is set, data recording is started as soon as the call begins to create a ringtone. I don't have a HiPath on hand to test it now. I'll try it soon, but my problem is that the numbers I need to have in data are not valid numbers. they have meaning only for my software (example : the number 990715 means that The client of the hotel requests to be automatically waked up at 07:15 AM) ... there will be no ring in this case ...

Since you know so well HiPath, I have another question:

From what I understand, it is possible to access the HiPath 3550 in remote programming, (Manager T mode) via modem/V24 using the integrated HiPath modem and the public network. My question is:
Let's suppose that I can connect directly to the HiPath using a NULL MODEM cable (ie: I am in the area where HiPath is). This would not be enough to do the work without having modems at all ?!.

Thanx for your help.

sincerely yours.

sincerely yours.

Hi,

There are several ways of programming the system. Manager T refers to programming via the telephone, manager E is for engineers and manager c is for customers. Man E and C can connect via the V24 port on the motherboard, via ip using the lim module or HG card, or via the onboard isdn modem. Depending on the version of your hardware, it may be possible to install the imod card but this was discontinued about V3 hardware.

I take it from your comments you are writing software to communicate with the 3550. There is a protocol called csta which allows you to connect to the system and receive data about all operations within the system. This protocal also allows you to send commands to the system directly to control calls etc. Check out the Siemens Wiki site for more info.

There is also the abilty to connect using Telnet to the 3000 series systems. It is a while since I have played around with this but from memory you can issue commands using dial codes.

Hope this helps.

C64

Hi Cody64,

Thanx for the information about imod card. I used to communicate with 3000 series via sockets, But you are right, the best way is
to use csta protocol (or tapi protocol for other types of PABX). I started to search on the web ... documentation and what is needed
to do that.

Thanx for your help.

sincerely yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back