Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporary hotline setup - HG is always busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdhaslett

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2020
US
Hi All,
Avaya Aura 8.

We are trying to set up a temporary hotline that will get sent to one of four cellphones, but we cannot get it to work.

We set a specific incoming number to go to a hunt group. In the hunt group, we added 4 virtual extensions and set it to circ. Each virtual extension covers to a different path with a different r# as the only point. The r#'s are each of the four cell phones.

When calling the incoming number, the HG presents as busy. Dialing the HG extension internally presents as busy as well.

What are we not doing right? My suspicion is that the HG is not working because it does not see any of the virtual extensions as connected. Am I close? Is there anything in the CORs that I need to check?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you used the command "list trace station xxxxx", where xxxxx is a station used to dial the hunt group? You should be able to see any denial events to let you know what is, or is not happening.

Assuming it's a problem with virtual stations, try with "real" stations and instead of a coverage path use EC500. EC500 will "pair" the mobile phone to a desk phone and will ring both the desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously. The desk phone does not need to be logged in for EC500 to work. EC500 does require specific licenses but most systems usually have a couple.

Just some thoughts.

@ZeroZeroOne thanks!

We did try a list-trace on the HG. It just showed 'busy'.

We did try adding a real station to the HG and it rang through to that station. That's what made me think that it was the virtual extensions not being "connected".

Good to know that EC500 does not need a station connected to work. We've passed the need for the hotline at this point, but if I do need to again, I'll try that route. I have EC500 on my extension. I would just need to create extensions for a couple of the folks that don't have one and give it a go.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back