Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temporarily disable printing in Win 2k Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikcizokm

Technical User
Sep 18, 2004
US
I have a daughter who is still learning to read but loves to play on Disney.com, etc. She uses my wife's PC which runs Win2k, but we're having a problem lately where she prints stuff like crazy. She claims she doesn't know she's doing it--not being able to read the word "Print" is probably to blame here. It's consuming a lot of ink and we're trying to find an easy solution short of uninstalling the printer, since my wife uses it regularly.

One suggestion would be to unplug it, or create a separate user account but that would probably present its own unique challenges to our young one. I was looking for a software fix here... something mutually beneficial to all parties involved.

Any tips?

Thanks!

-Martin

On easy way would be to go to printers and right click your printer and choose pause printing. This will hold all the jobs in the queue. You can then either delete all the jobs or delete the unwanted ones, cancel the pause and the docs left in the queue will be printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back