Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Templates Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I am using Office 2007 under XP.
Two questions, if I may:

1. In which folder should my Word templates be stored?
2. Do other templates (e.g. Excel) go in the same folder, and, if not, where do they go?

Thanks

Hi OfficeAnimal,

For Word, goto Word Options|Advanced > General > File Locations and check the paths for both the user teplates and workgroup templates (you don't say which set you're wanting to find).

For Excel, goto Excel Options|Trust Centre > Trust Centre Settings and check the paths for both the user teplates and application templates.

Cheers
[MS MVP - Word]

Isn't it interesting that we have this abomination that is the ribbon interface, supposedly to make life easier and to make Office applications all work the same. Despite all of the sturm und drang, Microsoft cannot even get the path to the file locations the same between two of the Office applications. You know, something that a user just might need to access from time to time.

Lyle
----
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Adam Savage)

Actually, technically, templates can be in any darn folder you like. What is the issue is how you gain access to them.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back