Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Template document based on doesn't allow changes outside <HTML> tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

multipleintell

Technical User
Dec 7, 2001
US
Help, I have a site template which my entire site depends on. I want to make a instance of the template that allows users to "update" data to the MySQL database using PHP scripting. Why do I get this message and how do I work around it?

&quot;Template document based on doesn't allow changes outside <HTML> tag&quot;

Thanks,
Melissa

File, &quot;new from template&quot;

I'm sure the template has &quot;editable regions&quot; and only those regions can be changed.

If I select File > New from Template, will that new document still be updated whenever I change the template?

The template does have regions that are editable. It is inside one of those regions that I am trying to place an &quot;Update form.&quot;

Thanks for your help!
Melissa

when you create new files from template and changes are made to that template changes to all pages using it will change.

Are you trying to place the updateform inside the &quot;template&quot;?? if you do that and save it, all pages using the template will contain the &quot;update form&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back