Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temperature monitor-motherboard overheated 100C

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanua

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi
The Asus Probe temperature monitor pop up and indicated the motherboard was overheated which was true because the room temperature was over 85C
The computer is a domain controller and to cool it down, I used a fan but almost three hours no signs of getting better
Anyway,while the motherboard temperature was above the threshold, the cpu was just within the threshold so my concerned is the possible effect it will have on the system
Will this affect the chipset if the fan does not help?
I am thinking of getting another server and promote it to a domain controller incase it burns out
By the way, there is a noise which sounds like when you gently press on your car accelerator and this has been going on for sometime.Any ideas

amanua,

First, determine if the heatsink fan is operational. Note this and

SHUT THIS MACHINE OFF domain controller or not to prevent permanent or further damage.

Post back with what you determined on the HS fan.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

amanua
The hottest day on our holiday last August in Rhodes touched 44C, it was simply scorching! I think you have your farenheit and centigrade mixed up?
100F would be on the other hand pretty cool as a max so I'm just confused!!!??? can you clarify your settings and reorted readings.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Posters,

Good catch on the "room temperature at 85C" I looked right past this to the monitor indicating overheating.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

I must admit, seeing the phrase "room temperature at 85C" nearly gave me a heartattack! You'd start cooking alive, let alone what that would do to a pc! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back