Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp Variable not Set for Some Users Causing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawajones

MIS
May 31, 2001
US
I'm running TSE 4.0 SP6, MF 1.8 SP3. I'm having several issues which I've been able to narrow down to being caused due to the fact that several users do not have the "Temp" varibale defined under Environmental Variables. It is effecting several existing users and all new users that are created. I can fix the problem by shadowing or logging in as the user and setting the variable, but I want to set the variable for all users who login to the system to avoid the problem going forward.

FYI, I recently upgraded to SP6 from SP5 for TSE and from SP1 to SP3 for MF1.8 about one month ago and I believe the problem may have started from there. Has anyone else seen this or know of it being a known issue? I also found yesterday that the permissions on the Temp directory on the system partition were all wrong. I've fixed that now giving Everyone Full Control so that they can create a temp directory when logging in. I suspect this might be what caused the variable to get blown away to begin with. However new users still do not have the variable set. (JJ)Jawa Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back