Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp Storage(?) and Cookies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheilman

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
I have multiple pages containing Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts published from Excel. The main makeup of each page is an XML string containing all the information about the Office Web Component objects that are produced from the published Excel file.

I am adding JavaScript code after the published material to manipulate the properties of the OCW objects to filter as I would like. I have also added a "Memorize" button to create cookies based on current filtering values as a result of user interaction.

When I refresh the page, or open another page with the same filtering elements, I have JavaScript code to read the cookies and utilize those values to set the filtering to match the "memorized" values.

The problem that I am having is that, even though the code seems to be reading the cookies properly (based on alerts throughout the code), the final filtering seems to revert back to the previous incarnation of the page.

Could this be due to the previous version of the opened page being stored in some "temporary" space and being used instead of my freshly filtered version?

If so, how do I clear the cached(?) version and reload completely fresh? I believe I may be getting into some new territory (for me) in web pages.

Thanks in advance!
Ray <><

"I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead." - Winnie the Pooh

I found the answer. Within a series of If statments, I had one condition with "=" instead of "==". It was making an assignment and changing my value, thus skewing the expected results.

Thanks!
Ray <><

"I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead." - Winnie the Pooh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back