Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TEMP FILES ACR8.TMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgalownia

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
Good morning all. I have a question. (Operating systems are not my forte as a heads up) :) In trouble shooting issues and in cleaning TEMP files to help with things, There are TEMP files that sometimes are unable to be deleted. No program is open at the time. At work it is on NT 4.0 but I believe I have noticed this in other OS's. There is one in particular that sometimes doesn't want to delete. It is ACR8.TMP. Does anyone have any clue as to what it may be using or what may be using it. It is a 2 MEG file.

thank you

t

Could be an Acrobat Reader temp file. You can always try going into safe mode and delete it.

Thank you Muchly appreciated. That was my thinking, however I don't recall opening Adobe Acrobat files all the time when this occurs. I will keep an eye on it in the future. 'Tis more of an annoyance than anything. But was just curious about it because of the consistance of the name and how often it comes up.

If anyone else has any other ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back