Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Temp CME Setup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2003
US
Hello all,
I need to setup a temporary Call Manager Express system while the Call Manager system is being built. I have the the CME system just about complete but reached and area that is really kicking my butt. I understand Call Manager Call Flow but with CME I am just not grasping it. In CM I can setup Patterns, Route Groups/Lists, Partitions and CSS. How is this Done in CME? Basically I have a PRI T1 connection to the PSTN and need to get calls in and out of this CME system with some basic restrictions (not every phone can dial long distance etc.). The PRI is setup and I think I understand dial-peers but cannot seem to associate them to phones. Any help with this is much appreciated.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
- Confucius (551 BC - 479)

Do a search on Class of Restrictions or COR. That's what you're looking for.

Configuring COR for Incoming and Outgoing Calls
One of the ways to restrict unauthorized incoming and outgoing calls is to use the Class or Restriction (COR) commands. The configuration shown in the following example defines two groups of users: user and superuser. Superuser is allowed to make any calls, including local, long-distance, 411 directory lookup, and 911 calls. User is restricted from making 900, 411, and international calls.
ref:
Conference_call_feature.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back