Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teminal Services Extentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonKouzoub

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2006
CA
Hi all,

Having problem with Terminal Server.
The extensions do not appear in Local Users properties. Tried to add it through MMC, it seems to be there but add or removing doesn't make any difference. was only able to make it work from another Server running Terminal.
Seems like the trouble started when we tried to install Office2000 on our server (needed Outlook2000 for SQLMail). that stupid program started installing Office Server extensions f*** up our SQL server somehow - we had to reinstall.
Outlook did get installed either... Complains about terminal services - tried tips from Microsoft - installing through ADD/Remove programs - didn't work, gives same message. Although it installs fine on other server which is also running Terminal Server.

Anyone has any idea how to get stupid extensions to work ? or install damn Oulook 2000 ?
Should i reinstall Terminal Server ?

can you clarify what you mean by "extensions"? Is your terminal server Windows 2003? When installing Office/Outlook 2000 on a terminal server you need to install it using a transform file, created from the Office 2000 Resource Kit. Did you do this?

By extensions i mean this - when you click on user properties on server you have 3 or 4 extra tab which are assosiated with Terminal Services - you can set up a start up program let's say and all other things. For some reason even though the T. server is functional, when i go to user properties i see only a simple General, Member Of, Profile and Dial-In.
the only way i can change the Terminal properties is if i connect MMC from different server running Teminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back