Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telus call forward on Galaxy Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacdougall

Technical User
Mar 25, 2014
CA
I have just installed a mini for a customer, who has now informed me they use Telus call forwarding on line 1 to forward to a call service after hours(they have 4 lines)
Just wondering the easiest way so they can seize line 1 and dial the *72 and *73 feature codes (I now, default feature codes for the same service in the emetrotel, but I have disabled them).
Any solutions for a customer stuck in the analog world?

Any solutions for this customer with analog lines?

The easiest way to seize line 1 is to press line 1, then press *72 and the number offsite.

That's way too easy of an answer as that is standard protocol on any analog system, are you missing/hiding some info in your post?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You can create an outbound route to the specific analog trunk on which you want to turn on/off the call forwarding, put digits that are to be dialed to invoke the external call forward configuration into the "prefix" field and put what you want to actually send out to the analog trunk into the "prepend" and "match pattern" fields.

Let's say you want to dial *72 on the analog trunk number 1. You would create an outbound route with the analog trunk 1 as the only trunk under Trunk Sequence, put * into the prepend field, some digits (for example 881) into the prefix field and 72 into the pattern. With an outbound route like this, the user would dial 88172, the "prefix" digits 881 would be discarded, * would be prepended and 72 would be digits dialed based on the matched pattern - so the result would be *72 dialed on the analog trunk 1. You can specify a second pattern under the same outbound route for *73. If you need to include the destination in the dialed digits, you would include an appropriate pattern after the digits 72 (or 73) - for example, 72NXXNXXXXXX or alternatively put a period for one or more digits (72.)

With the approach above, the user dials your specified prefix to invoke the external call forward processing (in my example 881), so there is no conflict with PBX feature codes such as *72 or *73 (so no need to disable anything).

Absolutely. He could either program a speed dial or - if there are available programmable keys on the phone - he could configure the buttons to dial the desired digits.

Hello,

I don't install the UCx, but I've heard really good things. Just an odd question, but given the UCx was designed to replace Norstar and BCM system - can you not just program Line keys on individual buttons (i.e., Line 1, Line 2, Line 3 and Line 4)? Then the user could just select Line 1 and dial *72 + the phone number of the on-call provider. I'm just curious if this is possible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back