Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teltronics SEB install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowndog

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
I am looking for some directions as to where to begin to install a Teltronics SEB net-path.

I tried going through the NTP's to find some info and have not had too much luck and the install an operation guide that came with the SEB doesn't help much.

I would prefer to handle this install locally as to when I attempted to inquire from my local carrier, they responded with so how do you plan on paying for the tech to come out and configure it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

YOU MAY WANT TO THINK TWICE, JUST HAD A FRIEND THAT STILL WORKS FOR SHARED TECH INSTALL ONE AT A CUSTOMER SITE. TOOK OVER 3 DAYS TO GET THE SEB DOWNLOADED CORRECTLY WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Ufortunately the product has already been purchased and my group is being looked upon to setup and install.

Thanks for the advice though!

You really dont need someone to come on site to install that, you do need whoever it is monitoring your site to dial in, they configure it remotely. You just have to connect it to the PBX and the incoming dial tone.

That is the part I am looking for some assistance on.

My co-worker will be doing the monitoring and she is looking for me to do the install.

We will both be covering the configuration.

Are ther any docs fo rthis type of an install?

I've heard rumors of an install book but it is hard to obtain.

We are installing a net-path as well. How did the install go?

has not happened yet.

a new PRI took precedence.

how bout on your end?

Has not been installed yet. We are having an issue but do not have visibility due to not being able to turn debugging on. How far on the install did you get and did you ever find a installation guide?

i did manage to get it out of the box!

no luck in finding an install doc.

we recently hired on a new support tech who is an ex-SBC engineer\tech and he said he know how to install it. i would be more than happy to share the info. what kind of a timeline are you on?

I've got an Installation and Operations guide, however programming them is pretty difficult. I was going to make an attempt once and asked one of my Nextira techs for assistance. He indicated to me that they don't even mess with them. Apparently their TAC center dials into them and runs a script to set them up. From what I have seen of the scripting language, it's pretty cryptic.

The SEB is basicly a modem and you hook it to the PBX the same way you hookup a modem.

acewarlock - well, yes, but it does much more than that. You can have it notify you when certain alarms are transmitted from the PBX. However, getting it to do that requires SEB scripting knowledge.

Original Question"

I am looking for some directions as to where to begin to install a Teltronics SEB net-path.

Answer Connect it to the PBX.

I know it does other things but you can't do any programming unless it is connected to the PBX.

Are you saying you need to connect an SEB to the PBX to program the SEB?

brewerdude I'm trying to help someone with there question, if you don't want to help the user with his question don't try to make yourself look smart by belittling someone else.
If your so smart why don't you tell us how to do it. I'm not to o;d or proude to learn.

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything. Let me clear the air by stating that it is currently hooked up. We are testing with it currently. We are able to telnet into the net path and am able to access the switch and vmail. However, we are not able to FTP push the CDR records (provided by the net path) to a windows server. The only reason that I was asking for a user or admin guide was to see if there were any settings that were being overlooked. We have a third party NOC center looking into this issue, but I am getting impatient. Thanks for any help!

Ace - I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I have the same goal as you: help the original poster. I just want to make sure that he/she gets the most correct info. I have tried to install an SEB brand new out of the box and I know that before they can be used, they must be configured. And, IMHO, I don't believe you need to connect them to the PBX to do that, however, I could be wrong. As far as I know, all of the settings that make you enter the SEB password or have it notify you on PBX errors are programmed with a script by our vendor. The field techs don't even know how they're setup because it's a fairly "raw" scripting language that's used.

I thought maybe you knew somthing that I didn't, hence my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back