Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TelStrat T1/IPE interface box between SL100 and IPE remote shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

espen19

Technical User
Jan 11, 2005
US
I have an SL100 with an IPE shelf remote. I have 2 LGC links going to the T1/IPE interface (Host) to a T1/IPE interface (remote) to the IPE shelf. Last Tuesday, the IPE shelf dropped. No power outage or weather caused this. I had no alarms on the T1/IPE interface cards which is odd because they are usually very touchy. Anyways, I have since replaced all cards (Power, RG and Controller cards in the IPE) and also changed out the 6x48's in the host since the switch kept calling them out. I was not able to load the IPE from the host and after changing out each card individually, I got no change (no WAI after reset). Last Thursday I changed out one of the T1/IPE interface cards and still had a red alarm that I could not clear. Even with this alarm, I was able to load the IPE. The IPE is up but I have a red alarm on the T1/IPE interface and one of my LGC links is down. This does not affect the customer as they only have about 60 people in the building with the remote and still have 30 voice channels, but there is still an issue. We have ordered 2 T1/IPE spares and both appear to be bad. My help desk is having trouble locating more spares of the Tepstrat T1/IPE interface cards. There is no part number that I can find. We called Telstrat and they stopped making these about 5 years ago and have no idea how we can get them. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with these and if so, where can we find them? The 2 spares that we ordered appear to be off of a shelf, untested and both had different issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the version for the SL1, but my TelStrat multi-ipe remote cards for the Meridian have DIP switches to determine local and remote - Check the dip switches on your replacement cards, you might just have an incorrect setting which will cause them to act as is they have failed. I would check them against the cards that you pulled out -
I hope this helps!
30n30w

Thank you for your reply. I have verified dip switches each time I have switched them out. ON my host end, switch 3 is on and on my remote end, switches 2 and 3 are on with everything else off.

This is the big system. The SL100. Big brown cabinets. Is the remote that looks like the Meridian 81c system. There are modules on the interface card right? Let me know if this is your setup.

SL100 is the big brown cabinets and the IPE shelf is a Meridian shelf like off of an 81c. The interface card, I am talking about is not part of either system. It is a Telstrat device that has 4 lights on the front Power, MTC, red alarm and yellow alarm along with 4 ports for RJ45 connectors to go in to it. On the back is basically all sorts of different connectors. The purpose of the T1/IPE interface card is to convert RS232 to T1 and then back to RS232 on the far end to go into the Meridian IPE shelf. I hope I answered what you are asking with the modules on the interface card. Thank you for your response.

Sorry. I was thinking about a fiber interface. You have the T1 interface. What is the software release in the SL100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back