Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet to 2003 and telnet to other hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkLips

ISP
Jan 27, 2004
US
I have a Win2003 server with telnet enable. From HostA, I want to telnet into my Windows 2003 server and from the Windows 2003 server telnet out to other hosts on the network. The Windows 2003 will act like a proxy.

I can telnet to the Windows 2003 server now, but when I issue the telnet from the Windows 2003 server, nothing happens. What am I missing? Do I need to install a telnet client on my Windows 2003 server to telnet out?

HostA----->Win2003 Server------>HostB.

Thanks,
Nicole

Why not use Remote Desktop, enable remote desktop on the pc's you wish to log into on the system tab. you can then us RDP into the server and from there onto the other pc's

No telnet client needs to be installed. The telnet service on the clients needs to be enabled.

My only question is why not just telnet straight to the clients? Why are you using Windows 2003 as a "Proxy" ?

Also as bobsa32 mentionaed, why not RDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back