Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

telnet stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
CA
Hi i've set up a program to telnet and get the results of my configs every 5 minutes and now telnet is no longer on my core switch 3750x. can anyone please help on how to resolve or what the issue could be? thank you.

it's a kiwi syslog script. It looks like that killed telnet and now i cannot log into the switch via telnet at all. a reload will probably help but is there any other alternatives ? thank you.

Hi,

Going along with what Vince mentioned, did the script logout of the telnet session properly or did it tie up all the VTY lines causing you to be unable to login? If it did tie up all the VTY lines, do you know if there is a timeout set? You can still console into the switch if the timeout is set to indefinite. I would also suggest to not use telnet but to configure SSH.

If you can't fix your script, reconfigure the vty by changing:
exec-timeout 0 0
to
exec-timeout 5

Thanks Vince. After reading your response I did some research and found that I have "no exec" in line vty per below which is why it is disabling telnet. How can I remove that line? Thanks.

line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 5 0
password 7 03035E262B0E7718195A
login
no exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back