Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telnet on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreyts

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
IL
Hi

I want to open the telnet option to some port on the XP Laptop.
And try to recieve some acknowledge from him over the network when i am trying to telnet him.

Anybody done this before?

pls advice...

Best Regards,

Andrey
CCNA

Yes, but this is easier to give a link than to guide you through it.

Windows XP Telnet commands

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, there are some very good(and more secure) web enablements ofr MS networks.

Hope this Helps

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

default telnet client app in XP
thread779-926876

Ok ,
How can i open web page on Laptop to check his connectivity?
Ping is not enaugt, I have a voip equipment that i can manage it via WEB pages only . and when i am trying to open this page from the different vlan its not openning ( ping working ).
So i want to try put some service or program on the laptop that can simulate me the situation . and try to open him from the deffereny vlan , and this way i will check if something wrong with this equiopment or maybe network problems .

Thanks for advice,

Best Regards,

Andrey
CCNA

So i want to try put some service or program on the laptop that can simulate me the situation"

Can you use Remote Desktop or Remote Assistance to check the laptop's connectivity?

WinXP Connectivity Issues
faq779-4625

Telnet client stops responding and does not show a prompt when you try to connect to a Telnet server that is running on a Windows Server 2003-based or Windows XP-based computer

Thank you

Best Regards,

Andrey
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back