Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbg

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2003
GB
what can i do with jdeveloper ? i want to implement a site with database

you can do anything Java with JDeveloper JSP/Servlets EJBs Java applets Web services and more.
To do a web site connected to the Database you will probably use the JSP technology combined with the BC4J framework to make it simple.

On otn.oracle.com/products/jdev there is a reviewers guide that will take you step by step on creating a web based application connected to the DB.

We are currently moving from a Developer 4.5/Reports 2.5 and 8.0 client server setup to 8.17 and Developer 6i. But we are going to be running our forms through a 9ias server. We've started converting our Reports and forms, but the whole things seems kind of klunky. Im thinking about alternatives, maybe even rewriting our reports as html/ASP etc. Where does Jdeveloper fit into all this? Is it something I should look at?

You may redevelop your forms and reports as JSP or servlets (Java analogue to MS ASP). For not very complex reports you may use XSQL (XML with embedded SQL) to obtain XML output and possibly transform it to HTML using serverside XSLT. In any case you may get REALLY lightweight for client (XML/HTML) and flexible (throug using different XSL for different devices) and portable (serverside JAVA) decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back