Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tell A Friend - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovestickers

Programmer
Jul 2, 2005
CA
Hi there:

I am trying to do a simple tell a friend option where there are a couple of boxes where the user can a friend's email in each box (let's say i make 4), and it sends a recomendaion to see the website.

I just want it to be simple...only 4 boxes and a "send" equivalent.

I will make the message to be sent myself (not created each time by the user).

This sounds easy, and I have seen it many times, but I just can't seem to do it. I am semi-new and I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks so much!
Krissy!

Sticker Club and FREE Stickers

Something Like This:

Tell a friend about our site!

1st Friends E-Mail: (box where u enter friend 1's email)

2nd Friends E-Mail: (box)

3rd Friends E-Mail: (box)

4th Friends E-Mail: (box)

5th Friends E-Mail: (box)

SEND

Just something like that. I am using Frontpage and just normal html.

Thanks again!

Well, Here is a script you can use. It only asks for a single email, but you could mention to add a comma and additional emails if they wish.

Just follow the directions to install the script.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Thanks a lot Michael for answering and for the link. I am sorry to be a pain but I was hoping for an option that didn't open the user's email...bur rather jsut sent a message directly from the form (hope that makes sense..i'm kind of new to all this still).

For example...I am hoping it will work like this:

User will enter the friend's email address in a box and hit the send button. Then they will br brought to a litle thank you page (as the message that I have prewritten is sent to the friend). However, the user's email account will not be involved.

I hope this makes sense and somebody knows how to achieve this!

Thanks so much,
Kristyn

Hi Kristyn,

You might be able to do this with scripting such as ASP, but honestly, I don't know how to send an email without using email.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Hi!

Thanks again Michael!

I think I have explained myself incorrectly, causing confusion.

By not using email I meant - something that does not open the Referral Sender's Email Program to send the referal/tell a friend. Instead I was hoping that they could just type the recipient's email address in the box on my site and hit send without Outlook or whatever email program opening up, because I want to write one message, that everyone receives. ( A kind of "behind the scenes" option).

Thank you again!

Krissy

Does your hosting service support CDONTs or ASP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back