Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teleworkers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan24

Programmer
Apr 28, 2004
GB
What OS is required for the Teleworker software Blade?
I have a 3300 running 4.1 S/W

From the docs, release 3.3 or later supports 5020's, 5215's & 5220's. Release 5.0 or later supports the above plus Your Assistant softphone. These docs are from version 3.0.10 of the TW blade.

Sorry MitelTech
I meant the server on which the software runs.
Is it 2000, 2003 server, NT, Linux?

Ohh, the server runs on software built by Mitel's SME group (formerly E-smith). It's purchased from Mitel, it's not something you can source yourself. A similar version of the software is available from Contribs.org but it is missing the ServiceLink component that Mitel has saved for the purchased version.
The specifics of SME 6.0 is based on RedHat 7.3 with security updates and what not applied. If you want to know kernal version and all of that, let me know the command to use (not a Linux 'pert but can get around the machine) and I will check it on my system.

You are right that the server software is a hardened version of RedHat Linux BUT it is not purchased from Mitel.

In fact it is FREE - it's a download from the Mitel AMC, so accredited partners only BUT IT IS FREE!!!!

True enough CMAC1, but you only get the ServiceLink options when you activate your ServiceLink subscription. So, in fact you can download (for free) the same version (in function) from Contribs.org, just missing the ServiceLink menu, which, on a ServiceLink box, only works when subscribed to.

That's all I need to know, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back