Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teleworker audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDgeriatric

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
GB
We are trying to set up teleworking but are having audio problems.The 6000/6010 sits in the DMZ behind the Customers firewall. We suspected a port issue, so have opened up all ports to and from the 6000 to allow all IP.We've upgraded the TW blade to 3.2, and the ICP its registering to is at 5.2.6.8. The MAS is at 6.1.

We can make calls in either direction,but there is no transmission. If we use a low bandwidth link we have direct into the Customers NW, (ie bypassing our Firewall) we manage to get audio one way. We've followed all the Mitel guidlines,knowledge base etc but still cannot make a successful call.As we can download to the phones, and make calls, the connections must be ok. Does anyone have any ideas, or is it because its in the DMZ config?

What kind of firewall are you using and how is the DMZ set up?
Teleworker is not supported behind any natting device. It has to be true DMZ (3 networks cards).

I don't think the issue is on the MAS side, but the IP phone side. Are you using NAT at that end (i.e. your teleworkers, are they behind another switch)? Do you have "call control" (i.e. you can make a call, place it on hold, but get no audio)? If you answer yes to the last part, it's not on the MAS side (I don't think)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back