Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony through Oracle - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca336

Programmer
Feb 13, 2006
Hi guys,
Im using forms 6i and my problem is the following.
We have a program builded in ORACLE and is called "connected parties" which mainly is a telephone directory. We install a Nortell tapi server before the PBX of the company in order to be able to convert the extension numbers of each telephone in the company to IP address. Also, i used the following command in order to call the dialer.exe of windows and dial the number which is displayed on the screen. "host('c:\dial 9 '||tel_number);".
So far, so good.On my computer is working properly and also is working properly for the 20% of the employees in the company. The problem with the 80% of the employees is that when they are dialing from there screen, the dialer is diplaying in the screen all the session that are open on the PBX or the TAPI server instead of displaying only the two normal windows of MS dialer.exe.
My questions now are.
1. Does anyone had the same problem with dialer? If yes, how you resolve it?
2. Does anybody knows any similar programs like MS dialer.exe, in order to try this with another program?

Avgoustinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back