Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephony Programming Is Not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbowles

Vendor
Jun 17, 2005
US
I anm getting an error in UM when trying to access the BCM=>Services=>Telephony Services I get the following error "Telephony programming is noot available. A connection to the MSC has not been established. Please try again later."

I am trying to manager the BCM remotely through a VPN tunnel. However it is also happening on their local network as well.

Any thoughts?

Power off, open the box, remove and reseat the MSC card and all PECs, put everything back together and try again after the machine boots up fully (5 mins).

Sometimes (75% of the time or so), you can click on the "restart unified manager server" from the BCM maintenance page. This won't affect any services on the system, IP phones or voicemail. Takes a minute or so, and beats driving to the site if it's remote.

If the LED's on the front of the BCM are flashing, then you will not have access to the programming through Unified Manager. On the right side of the LED's, is a small pin sized hole that you can use a tooth pick or paperclip to reset the hard drive and wait until the LED's turn solid.

I hate conceited people that think they are a good as me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back