Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TELEPHONY NOT AVAILABLE? 3.6/3.,7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWISTEDAPP

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
CA
Can anyone explain why sometimes you go to go into telephony programming and you get the message that it's not available try again later? I've got one where I've re-booted and it's still not available and even waited a day or so? I thought someone else had said it was service based and could be turned on under services?

You can stop the voice managment svc and restart. I would make sure the system is up to date on patches.

Make sure your not using Java 1.6 or higher download 1.5

The java problem is you open telephony and nothing is there. When you get that message the service stoped.
What S/W level do you have.

The version you are mentioning is 3.6 and 3.7. It makes me believe that you have upgraded you java to 1.6
The java patch for 3.6 is BCM_360.351_UM.39.1013.
The java patch for 3.7 as mentioned in previous thread is
BCM_370.237_UM3.39.003. Just make sure you have existing SU system patches first before this.

I'm having a real hard time getting any of my vendors to find the SU3 Patch? Is it called some other number as they can't seem to locate it?

They can us the latest SU patch as it has all the new patches and all the old patches in it.

What's the number for the latest SU patch so I can confirm I'm getting the right one? I'm told on another problem to run the SU patch first and then the JAVA patch? Any others I should locate at the same time to get to the final level on 3.7?

All Java s/w works up to but not including 6.0. Get rid of Jave 6.0, stay with Jave 5.anything and you'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back