Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephones Displaying Numeric Characters instead of Alpha Numreric characters. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtechjoe

Vendor
Oct 9, 2007
US
Customer has Norstar MICS 0x32 KSU with 7.0 Rls Software. Problem is that some of the phones are displaying Numeric characters instead of Alpha numeric characters on their displays. I recycled the power and seemed to have cleared the problem but customer informed us that problem is back. Is software possibly corrupted? Should we replace KSU and upgrade to 7.1 Rls. Software? Customer has PRI and advised them that they will lose PRI key code. Please advise.

displaying Numeric characters instead of Alpha numeric characters"

Can you give an example, not sure what you mean.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes Curly, when you lets say call someone's extension through intercom, instead of the programmed name displaying on the phone you will get a number display. Example: I call Brooks extension number, it displays a random number like an 8 or 5 instead of Brooke's name. They did mention they have had power outages and I suspect power dips and no UPS protection. Hope this makes since.

Ok like corruption indeed, I have never heard of this one before.

A startup most likely would clear corruption but so might an upgrade to 7.1.

PRI key code will be lost on a startup so you would need to get with KRS to retrieve the current code if the client does not have it.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thank you for your input Curlycord. Not sure what or who KRS is.

Did not realize Avaya was still supporting KRS. I will reach out to a fellow Avaya authorized vendor for assistance. Thank you again Curlycord. As usual you have been a great asset to this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back