Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telephone Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Greetings,

This seems like it should be a simple thing to do but I'm not having any luck figuring it out. I have a fillable form that has a telephone field. I use the special format mask which works great unless the user has to enter an extension. I tried to create a special mask to allow this with no luck. Basically I need the user to enter the 10 digit number and have it formatted. If the user needs to enter an extension, they would enter X and either a 3 or 4 digit extension. The completed format would look like this: (###) ###-#### X ####. In most cases, the user need only to enter a 10 digit number but some of our offices have a main number with an extension. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is the problem that you are trying to put this all in one field? Extensions are optional data fragments that could be entered in a separate field.

Correct. The form designer would like this all to show up in one field but I think the easiest way would be to include a separate field for them to enter an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back