Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommuting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosfrank

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have setup telecommuting for a test extension. I can dial the DID number, enter the FAC, my extension and passcode. I have set up the COR and COS as noted in other posts.

I can dial 9-1-xxx-xxx and then get reorder tone. What gives?

Telecommute is more designed to allow you to change your coverage paths, and activate/deactivate features on the switch. To dial out, you'll need to activate another feature on your switch. But that could open you up to toll fraud...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

If you want to use the switch to make LD calls. You need to set up remote access. Then you can dial into a DID, dial the barrier code and 9 1 area code phone number.

I use this feature to allow users to turn on/off call forwarding. But I the remote access port a COR with FRL = 0 and a outward restriction so that no one can dial out. You may wish to use this port differently and you can, but you are then exposed to toll fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back