Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommuting Access # Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJRing444

Technical User
Sep 13, 2013
US
For setting up the Telecommuting Access Number?

- Can I just to a CHA Command and insert the number?
- Do I have to restart the server
- For someone to record a announccement, will I have to setup that extension with the proper access to record ?
- What else can this number be used for ?
- What is the BEST SECURITY for this number ?

Just do 'change telecommuting-access' and enter the extension number that the are to call. The extension must be DID. There is no announcement required. I would type up a set of instructions that includes the access number and the feature codes.

Kevin

Thank you. Is it possible to activate your extensions Speed dial buttons on your extension through Telecommuting access?

I have setup a lead announcement in a vector for her to record if something arises to alert the callers of a crisis before it goes to the helpdesk. I setup the Telecommuting number for her to record an announcement.

Is it better for it to go to a VDN/Vector and have those steps setup so she will not have to enter them in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back