Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommuting access extension not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fil977

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
EU
I cannot seem to get the telecommuting acces extension to work when called from an external source(defeating the object). It works fine when called from an internal source across the DCS network. I am wondering whether the fact that all my DDI's are delivered to site A and telecommuting is setup on site B and it is this that is throwing a bit of a spanner in the works. All my UDP's are set correctly because it works internally.

Have I missed something when setting this up?

fil

You didn't say how it's not working. As a guess perhaps when you reach the Telecommuting extension it doesn’t recognize your TT digits? Perhaps the first PBX isn’t returning answer supervision back to the DID trunk? If either switch has vectoring enabled you could make the number called a VDN and the VDN could do a wait 0 seconds hearing music then route to the PSA extension. The wait hearing music will cause answer supervision to be returned. IF that’s what the trouble is.

The way it was not working was that if you called into from an external source the telecommuting extension you would get ringing then cut off. The same applied for the remote access extension.

I don't think I was contradicting myself because it was working (returning dial tone) when called from an on net source but not when called from an off net source.

I had tried the VDN trick but had ommitted the wait step, I have now applied this step and it is working. Thanks very much.

Also, changed my remote access extension on switch A to a DDI number (non ddi before) and if you ring that first then ring Telecommuting extension on switch B it works and returns dial tone. Although this method involves a lot of digit pressing to achieve a coverage change and may be a bit much for our users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back