Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecom Billing (call Accounting) Report / CDR for CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
We are planning to purchase a call accounting software for our CS1000. I would like to have any input for anyone about call accounting software. (Possibilty with traffic analysis)

We just got a demo about CallTrac Call Accounting System by telsoft solution. Any idea about this software?

I search the threads and found some review for
PhoneControl
Soft-ex Telephony Manager
TABS atdtelco
Avotus avotus
RSI Revolution Call Accounting 3.0
telecost

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

ISI has a good CDR reporting package for Nortel. I believe they are even a Nortel development partner, but don't quote me on that. There is another traffic monitoring package I found that was VERY good. It's called Traffic Analyst (by Impact Technologies in St. Louis), and that's all it does, is run a continuous traffic study.

My initial answer would be...where are you located? From that point make sure you can get support from a local partner and not agents located in a call center in the middle of nowhere.

we use tabs and i would not recogmend it if it was free. best thing to do would build a spread sheet of the features you need. then go to each website and determine which package offer those in the BASIC package.. support is best checked prior to needing it.. i just did a cust support headache.. insane menu, 18 minutes to the 1st agent, they told me to call back and press option 2 not 4, (i think that is what he tried to say).. called back in and there was not an option 2.. tech support for all products still said press 4, 22 minute wait etc etc etc... if i had called ts prior to spending the $ i would not have had to spend another 2 hours getting a return auth

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe a dumb statment but here goes, have you made sure that you don't have the Accounting package that you can add to OTM? The reason I say this is we just went out about 4 months ago to install a 3rd party Call Accounting and found out that the customer already had it. Apparently the Nortel rep sold it to them as part of the upgrade they did about a year ago but no one had ever set it up.

We have been using the ISI product for about two years now and it is very functional and the support is very good.

We use Tiger for our call logging which seems very good. The reports are simple to use and can be automatically emailed off. The system also comes with AD intergation (save having two databases). It is continually being enhanced and allows end users to run their own reports if required. is the site. if you want a call logger (for recharge, accounting, etc) then this is an excellent system.

Rob

I use Avotus for CDR, it is far superior to OTM or TM, but we do use OTM for traffic reporting.

RSI has the best Nortel call accounting offerings by far. I am partial because we recommend their stuff. They have a whole website dedicated to this ( You cannot beat the support.

I have also used Call Accounting Mate (for small customers with Norstar or BCM) and Avotus (for enterprise customers with a larger budget). I find RSI the best (Revolution Web and Shadow CMS).

Regards
Stockman16

You might like to take a look at our call accounting software, CallBill. It is a Nortel Certified Compatible Product and you can download an interactive demonstration copy from our website ( It is fully scaleable and is available in single site and multi-site licenses. Case studies and references are available on request.

Regards,
Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back