Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tel-A-Greeter - Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolm9751

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
US
Hi all, I have a customer who is experiencing a lot of dropped calls using the Tel-A-Greeter. Does anyone know of a good alternative to this device? Thanks in advance.
-Don

can you give us a little more?
it sounds like an AA but it could be an automatic recording that plays on answer.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Five copper loop-starts into 3 Tel-A-Greeters with 2 ports each - 1 port unused. From there the lines go into a Definity ACD que. For some reason some calls are not being transfered to the ACD que. They time-out and drop.

You might want to review the documentation and check options to make sure it is set up correctly. You could also have a disconnect supervision problem with the phone lines or the Definity or a hookflash timing issue with same. You could use a test set in monitor mode and observe what is happening to the call as it progresses through the system.

....JIM....

Thanks Jim. That would be ideal if I were on-site myself, and I could do that. Unfortunately, I have the very unpleasent task of having to troubleshoot this over the phone with a non-technical customer who set these things up themselves. They are convinced the T-A-G is the problem and they want a different product if I can't perform any long distance magic for them. I think it is the set-up myself. I will pass along your excellent advice to them. Ironically, they have a guy who administers the Definity, but he didn't set up the T-A-Gs!?! The end user had to. So I suggested a TN750C and some Vector programming as suggested by some very helpful fellows in the Definity threads. Then the Avaya guy can set it up.[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back