Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix Phaser 740: Jam at C BUT with noise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfimpg

Technical User
Jul 19, 2011
CA
Hi

I have a Tektronix Phaser 740 that keeps jamming at C. I searched these forums high and low but didn't find a thread that corresponded to my issue. Here's what happening:

I can hear the paper moving through the unit and just as it enters the fuser to be transferred out, I hear 4 or 5 "tock" noises and the printer shows the "Jam at C" error on the display.

I open the door and can see that the paper is in a wavy form to the left of the fuser, like it hit a wall (best way I can explain it). If I open the transfer door, I can't see the paper. To get the paper out I turn the big blue fuser knob counterclockwise and the print job comes out and the quality printout is fine.

I have tested the fuser unit with 2 new spares that I recently purchased and still have the same problem. I also performed the alcohol cleaning as per the printed instructions.

Going a bit nutty here! Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem may be?
Thanks in advance
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back