Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix Phaser 740 Error 32 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigshuter

Technical User
Jun 27, 2007
BG
Hi friends,

I need some help for our Tektronix Phaser 740 - this is good printer, but unfortunately show the Error code 32. I removed, re-install and replaced Imaging Unit but no change status.Cleaned the sensor but nothing happening.

Any help is most appreciated!

bigshuter - I'm Vili :)

Accumulator belt cleaning blade movement error.
If the Error 32 is constant:
1.Replace the imaging unit
2.Replace the accumulator cleaner clutch shaft and the cleaning board
3.Replace the engine control board.

If the Error 32 is intermittent:
1.Replace the accumulator cleaner clutch shaft and the cleaning board
2.Replace the imaging unit.
3.Replace the engine control board.

just fixed a 740 today with this error message, it is likely to be the clutch on the accumulator cleaning shaft. Similar to error message 33. Getting the clutch out and cleaned/greased is another story.

The Phaser 740 has two clutches that require periodic maintenance.

Error 32 is often the accumulator shaft clutch and Error 33 is often the paper transfer roller clutch.

Error 33 is covered at:

If anyone requires pics on Error 32, I can host on my website. Basically the clutch is at the back of the printer under the main board.

Phaser 740's have an ideal operating temperature of 15 - 25.5 degrees, if over 32 degrees, they will jam paper particularly in humid weather.

Removing the Accumulator cleaning blade clutch assembly to service the clutch for error 32 messages.

This process takes 2-3 hours first time, under an hour when your experienced.

1) Remove the fuser and imaging unit (cover it up, it's light sensitive)
2)Remove the back cover, the main engine board EMI shield and interconnecting wiring shield
3)Remove the main engine board and cleaning board
4)Remove the accumulator cleaning blade clutch assembly
5)Disassemble clutch, service and re-assemble, it goes back one way, take note of white dots
6)Reassemble all.

Removing the top lid allows you to maneuver the engine board and base bracket out without unclipping all the wires.

Some pics at:
Email me if want a factory manual (2mb)

The solenoid on the cleaner board which controls the timing of the Accumulator cleaning blade clutch assembly has a felt pad and over time, they can get sticky from the prolonged heat dissipated from the solenoid coil. Replacement is easier enough but getting to the cleaner board is interesting, some pics at:
The pdf is re-assembly, obviously reverse to dissassemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back