Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tektronix Phaser 350 Error 04,006.45:715

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazedbass

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2003
US
Hello,

My Phaser 350 just recently started giving me a "Fault 04,006.45:715" error at start-up. I would like to know what this meant and if there was anything I could do to fix it myself.

Also, before this problem started, we had just moved the printer into a new office, but forgot to LOCK it. Since then, some of the print heads have stopped working and I getbad print outs. I heard somewhere that there might be somethings I could try out to get it working again. Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks

The maintenance guide says:

4,006.45: PC_DEV_FAULT_300DPI_CAL
Calibration failure: Target Volt-Sec Area of 300 dpi could not be achieved. Check the hardware. The printhead may need to be renormalized.

Hi, I have the same problem with one of my 350-
and looked up the code, found the same blurb as above.
Fat lot of good that is!
Ok-
Which hardware?
How do I re-normalize?
I dug around for how to normalize in the 360 troubleshooting guide that I found online, and all it says is head normalization is a manufacturing process.
Oh really. Good thing they told me that..

So I'm guessing I need to reset the nvram or something, but the error happens before the full boot so I can't get to the menues..

The xerox site says to cycle the power and if that doesent fix it, call a xerox tech. Why have a tech help web thing if the most technical thing they are willing to tell you to do is flip the power switch?

Help- please!

Troubleshooting using two 350- I discovered the error follows the board not the printer. Motherboard that is..

Now to switch nvram and see what happens..

No luck with swapping dallas nvrams- the error follows the mother board. Swapped the simms too. Same deal, fault 4006 during warm up when it gets to around 15 percent.
grrr

If anyone is still watching me flail with my 350--blog of the 350
Having discoverd the bypas mode (duh) I was able to get to the menus and reset the mother board nvram. Nothing. still the 4,006.
I called a local qualified tech and he thought maybe the Head Nvram needed to be reset. Ugh. So ummm anyone know how to reset the head nvram?
Is it possible that since this printer works fine with a different mother board in it, that running it for a while with
the good board will somehow make the head ram 'heal'..
Perhaps I've been inhaling too much rubber conditioner..
I should open a window.
I emailed xerox and they said all they knew to tell me was to turn the unit on and off again. boogie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back