Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Technical Support for Moving From Access 2000 to Access 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdpress

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
I am now having to move from Access 2000 to 2016 and the learning curve is terrible. After almost 20 years of using the 2000 interface, I cannot seem to grasp the new "ribbon-based" interface.

Does anyone know if Microsoft or anybody offers a help-line where I can call with quick questions as how to accomplish things? I have seen subscription services for apps like Quickbooks, but haven't found anything for Access.

If not any ideas on books or on-line help on the interface differences would be appreciated.

Thanks Much

Be sure to turn the search on in the navigation pane. This and tabs are the features that are helpful in the new interface.

Then fundamentally understand all create objects functions are grouped together.

A tip that might make navigation easier since you are learning is that with the mouse cursor hovering on the ribbon, the scroll wheel rotates through the tabs. I learned everything without knowing this and keep thinking if I would ever master it, it could save me time but alas I never think of it, I am too busy looking for the tab to click instead.

Beyond that all the questions have probably been asked so any search should just about turn up results. I got used to the Ribbon in Word and Excel. I am still bitter about it nearly 10 years using it in Access. It is not bad for maintenance but is awful for new from scratch development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back