Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TEC_DB Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pihakid

Technical User
Dec 14, 2003
AU
I'm getting Insert into event reception log failed sql_code = -1' errors on TEC Console. Is there any way to trap these errors or find out where they are coming from.

Thanks

Yes, you want to turn on rim tracing on your T/EC server:

setup a rim trace:

1. wrimtrace tec "ERROR | INFORMATION"
2. kill all RIM processes
3. then lookup trace in /tmp/rim_db_log

to turn it off:

4. wrimtrace tec "TRACE_OFF"

It has been on for a while, but the messsage doesn't really give you any clues as to where the msg comes from.

00006441 [Mon Nov 17 05:03:22 2003] Connection ID: 0, Operation: val_insert_rows::SQLExecute, DB Call: insert into tec_t_evt_rec_log
(server_hndl, reception_id, agent_id, date_entry, status, commnt, short_message, long_message) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
SQL Command: insert into tec_t_evt_rec_log (server_hndl, reception_id, agent_id, date_entry, status, commnt, short_message, long_mes
sage) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
DB2 Error Code: -302 SQLState:22001[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL0302N The value of a host variable in the EXECUTE or OPEN
statement is too large for its corresponding use. SQLSTATE=22001

I don't know that error. I would send it and your wtdbspace output to Tivoli support (TEC support level II)...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back