Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TEC and firewall ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybernaut

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have assumed responsibility for our Tivoli environment since our guru quit the company.<br>He left me an email stating that before I can have TEC recieve events from our remote TMR environment I need to have 5000 ports opened on the firewall inbetween. I cannot find any information in Tivoli manauls about this. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what is the range that needs to be opened?<br><br>THANKS!!!

Question: What ports does Tivoli Use?<br>Product: TME 10 Framework<br>Product Version: 3.2<br><br>Answer:<br>94 ORB to ORB Communication.<br>6543 PC Managed Node to TMR communication.<br>512 REXEC port for restarting OSERV and installing NT Managed Nodes remotely.<br>513,512 REXEC port for restrating OSERV and installing UNIX Managed Nodes remote<br>ly.<br>9494 Gateway to LCF Client Communication. Note that this is the default port; some other port above 1024 may be assigned by the system or Tivoli administrator.<br>2501 Remote Control Target listening port<br>139 General Netbios communications port. A standard defined within the NT Netbeui implementation.<br>1023 - 5999 Any ephemeral port for general communication &gt; 16k.<br><br>* Note: There is NO LIMIT on these ports (unless you use the port range limiting function via odadmin). <br> <p> Tony ... aka chgwhat<br><a href=mailto:tony_b@technologist.com>tony_b@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>When in doubt,,, Power out...

I am interested in configuring an adapter configuration profile to monitor Sun Clusters

What should I be concerned about
When can that data be found <default wise>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back