Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tec 3.8 java console locks up all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanny

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
US
All users experience this problem. The tec 3.8 java console will "freeze" and need to be killed and restarted fairly often. In an 8 hour shift, technicians may need to restart their TEC 20+ times. Anybody else have this problem?

Swanny, are these the NT consoles or are they running on UNIX?

With either type check your CPU speed and the amount of available system memory. In our experience, the new Java GUIs from Tivoli are extreme CPU hogs.

I actually started experiencing that problem today (AIX). I went and did a topas and mvstat command, and my resources were ok, so I don't know what made the console lock up. I did notice that in a couple occassions that event server had stopped running, and had to started a couple of times. I didn't check with the network people to check the health of the network. I'm curious to know if anyone has experience this as well, and if they have found the cause.

Thanks,

I've experienced this and other anomalies. Strangely enough, I downloaded a different jre from what was given on the Tivoli distributions, made all the correct links (/usr/lib/java) etc, and now all is fine.
Mind you, this is a Linux TEC and I downloaded Blackdown Java2. Everything has been glorious since.
-Michael Dallas Singer

Very interesting. Thanks for the response. I haven't seen the volume of lockup issues with this since we loaded fixpack 1 (FP01).

Your approach is very interesting to me though, since there are people here starting to talk about linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back