Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Team Foundation Server 2010 Advanced Configuration: Failed to load Msx

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauroverardi

Programmer
May 30, 2005
IT
Hi,
I'm trying to configure Team Foundation Server 2010 but i get an error during database configuration step.

I'm using: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterpise, SQL Server 2008 R2, Sharepoint 2010.

I performed the configuration from the Administation Console of Team Foundation choosing "Advanced".

I found some similar topics on forums about this problem, although they are related on older versions os SQL Server I tried to perform the solution proposed: I gave complete control to the user Everyone on the file msxmlsql.dll that is in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared", i also copied the DLL in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Shared" but still doesn't work.

Could someone help me?

Thanks

Mauro

The error (Italian):

TF255356: errore durante la configurazione dei database Team Foundation: Errore durante l'esecuzione del passaggio del servizio Register Configuration Database per il componente Install durante Install: Failed to load Msxmlsql.dll.
Could not find prepared statement with handle 0.
sp_xml_removedocument: The value supplied for parameter number 1 is invalid.
Error 500004, severity 16, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.
The statement has been terminated.. Per ulteriori informazioni, vedere il log di configurazione.

The Detail (Italian):

Errore durante l'esecuzione del passaggio del servizio Register Configuration Database per il componente Install durante Install: Failed to load Msxmlsql.dll.
Could not find prepared statement with handle 0.
sp_xml_removedocument: The value supplied for parameter number 1 is invalid.
Error 500004, severity 16, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.
The statement has been terminated.

I attach the log file.

Actually it is a SQL Server problem.

sp_xml_preparedocument and sp_xml_removedocument cannot load msxmlsql.dll that is necessary to work with xml documents.

I found some other posts that explain how to solve this problem in older SQL Server version. It is strange that I have the same error in 2008 R2, moreover the solution proposed did not works in my case.

What I did is just downgrade to Windows Server 2008 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 with SP1 and everithing is ok !

Mauro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back