Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teaching Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLADY218

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
US
Hello all,

Im looking into purchasing remote control software that would allow a teacher to take control, and give demontrations to all machines from one machine. I was looking into NetOP Scholl for Windows 2000. Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments about this one.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know about that particular piece of software, but VNC is free (all it needs is a TCP/IP network - and the teacher would need to know what the IP's or names of the various workstations are).

If you are using it within a Novell Zenworks managed environment there are built in remote control facilities in there that work very well. Other network admin packages may have similar facilities, but I don't know enough about them to give an informed opinion.

John

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. VNC doesnt have enough features in it for my situation. And Im using w2k client and servers.

What about PCAnywhere? We use that in a W2k environment and it works fine. You would be able to take control of the student's pc - could even set it to blank the student's screen while you were in the pc (if you wanted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back