Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teacher to Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CareerChanger

Instructor
Jul 31, 2006
US
I am currently a masters level educator with three years experience in the classroom. I am interested in changing careers, maybe becoming a corporate trainer. Can anyone provide some general information (pay range, travel, hours) about the profession. Also, is online training and working as a contractor the way of the future?

hey there,
I'm currently in the field after being in the "real world" for a while. I think it depends on where you live, I'm in Missouri. thay pay is about 50K-75K, but if you are willing to travel that number may go up a lot more. contracts are nice too, if you are not concerned with insurance and such.
there is a contact of mine that is paying $50 hour to do online training. hours rage from 8am-5pm some are eve 5pm-10pm type.
like I mentioned, it all depends on where you live. (for the full-time corp) I'm getting ready to fly to las Vegas to teach a SQL 2005 course...If you live in that area, I might have something for you :O)

hope this shines a light on it a little.
~koolage

I was a classroom teacher for over 20 years and have been a corporate one and webmaster for this very very large company for over 10 years now.

If you are thinking about changing, make sure that your new company also offers you benefits such as medical, retirement, paid vacation and holidays, etc. May not sound important when you are young, but believe me, the time sure flies!

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back