Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDE to asterisk : missed extension number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknet

Technical User
Feb 28, 2022
IT
A tde600 is connected to asterisk pbx via sip trunk .

When a TDE phone (analogic or digital) calls an asterisk one, its NAME is displayed on called ringing ip phone.

If I remove NAME from TDE extension field and leave it blank, the asterisk called phone DOESN'T show panasonic extension number (as I would expect), it shows the panasonic sip trunk auth NAME instead, so one can't know who is calling.

Why is this ?
Is there a way for caller extension number to be shown in place of name ??

Thank you

Not enough information.
How do you call from Panasonic ext to Asterisk ext?

Hint: at your Panasonic TDE you always can fill ext NAME field with ext's number (as it's name) ;)

I simply dial sip trunk number (80x) plus Asterisk extension

As I have a customer with no ext. names (he doesn’t want them) I’ll go for filling ext. names with ext. numbers …
Anyway, it would be interesting to know why of this behavior.

As Ired put it,
Hint: at your Panasonic TDE you always can fill ext NAME field with ext's number (as it's name) ;)

wanetelecoms@gmail.com

Oknet said:
I simply dial sip trunk number (80x) plus Asterisk extension

That's incorrect, but...
If you don't have any other digital trunks from PSTN to your Panasonic TDE (such as PRI or SIP to ITSP) - you can use PBX-CLIP field of "Extension settings" menu and fill it in according with Ext. #

But the correct way is to use TIE access to that trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back