Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDE-100 SIP to PT extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

splosion

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2013
CA
Hello,
I have a TDE-100 set-up licensed with SIP extensions, but I cannot call from SIP to PT extension. As far as I can tell, they're all in the same User Group, Trunk Group and CoS.

When calling from SIP to PT extension, the SIP phone immediately fails.
When calling from PT to SIP extension, the SIP phone will ring, when you go off-hook, the SIP extension says call failed, and the PT phone gets a busy signal before going back on-hook.

Are there settings I'm missing? The PBX has a DSP64 card in it.

Please try to add diagnostic elements

Are PTs IP-PTs (KX-NT) series?
Are PTs KX-DT series digital phones?

Is the DSP operating normally for anything else (i.e. trunks, if you have them)? can you see the DSP status as enabled/ok in the 1.1 menu, when checking system card properties?
Are the two IP addresses of the system properly assigned?
Can you trace calls at switch level, or using the MNP port and see what kind of info is being exchanges?
Is trunk calling ok? Which kind of trunks?

Hello, Sorry for the huge delay.

The PTs are KX-NT343s. DSP works fine for everything else. We have the IP-PTs, then analogue trunks. All is working. Also attached to this system is a KX-TVM50, not that that should make a differece.
Trunk calling works, but no audio is passed.

Both the SIP extension and the IP-PT I'm testing with are on the same local network, which is different than the PBX's network, but they are connected by VPN.

I'm monitoring data on the workstation with the SIP softphone. Calls from SIP to an outside line via the analogue trunks work perfectly.

Calling from PT to SIP rings successfully, on pickup the SIP client returns a 488 Not Acceptable Here packet with a warning: 305 devull "SDP: Incompatible media format: no common codec"

Calling from SIP to PT the PBX returns a 407 Proxy Authentication Required, even though proxy options are turned off in the client. The client retries with some basic proxy authentication stuff, then is followed by a 480 Temporarily Unavailable. This PT does not even ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back