Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDC across domains with SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

David75

Programmer
Nov 15, 2001
CA
I'm trying to download data from one web site to another using the MS Tabular Data Control. Before you ask, the two sites are on different domains, and I have the TDC security relaxed so it can connect across domains.

Everything was working fine until the source site installed SSL. I've modified the DataURL property of the TDC to be " and I've tried " but no dice.

The web site that is attempting to read the data is not SSL secured.

In summary, I'm running the TDC control on a web page without SSL and attempting to download data with it, from a SSL secrured site on a seperate domain. Any ideas?

Thanks Falcon99, but I don't think that's it. I can connect to just fine, but when I use that URL in the DataURL field of the TDC, it doesn't work.

I did find that the DataControl Object (RDS), RDS.DataControl, is designed for communication to HTTPS among other things.

I got the info from MSDN.

Maybe you can replace TDC with RDS.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back