Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tdbc::odbc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodFeastMan

Technical User
Apr 7, 2021
US
Does or has anyone used the tdbc odbc library? I had never used this up until a couple of days ago .. I'm connecting to a commercial Pervasive SQL database, I establish the connection just fine .. I did a very simple SELECT query where all of the input was just hard coded stuff that returned only one row of one table, and that went just fine, this was using a foreach command on the resultset of the statement. So within the foreach loop I did some trimming and formatting of the returned values, everything's working peach, so I think I've got the hang of how things work and am ready to move on to building some real world SQL commands. So I build a SELECT query that pulls in the neighborhood of several hundred rows, and the foreach loop shows me the first two rows, then errs with a "number out of range" message. No matter what I do, if a SELECT line pulls two or less rows, things work, anything more than two rows, and I get crapped on.

This is at work, so it's Activestate TCL 8.6 on windows ten. I'd try it from here on a linux box to see if it's just a big in the windows version, but I can't access the database server. Although it just occurred to me that I could load up something on a VM at work. In any case, I'm hoping that someone out there might have been through this, and can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back