Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDAT demo 8.1 - what is BTEQ logon string?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyvol

Programmer
Sep 27, 2006
US
Hello all -

It has been 3 years since I worked in a Teradata shop, I'm a little rusty. I've been managing an SQL Server shop for the past 3 years, but that's another story.

Just got the 8.1 demo installed on my laptop and have been using the TDAT SQL Ass't. with no problems at all.

However, I wanted to refresh myself on the usage of BTEQ, so I'm trying to login to that tool, but I'm hitting a snag.

I cannot seem to find anywhere in the documentation that details the basics - username and password.

Reviewing how I used to login to an old system and rummaging around in my hosts file revealed the following to me...

1) host file entry - 127.0.0.1 localhost DemoTDATcop1
2) old demo I used to login with (at least I think I used to logon with this):
.logon democop1/dbc
password
*** (I think it was dbc).

So I tried logging in to Teradata 8.1 through BTEQWin with:
.logon DemoTDATcop1/dbc
password
dbc

But I get an error - invalid logon string.

Can someone throw me a bone here and provide me with the logon string (machine/user & password) to use to login to the demo system?

Thanks in advance.

For those that may follow me and want the answer - I got it from the Teradata forums site where I posted the same question...
user = demotdat/dbc
pass = dbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back