Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDA30 compatability with BPT System 200 Door Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I wanted to check to see if anyone has connected a TDA30 to a BPT System 200 door entry system. I have been told they will have a BPT IT200 Telephone interface installed as well. The TDA will have a doorphone/entry card installed also.
I'm pretty certain it will work but wanted to check before I confirmed it with the customer.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

From doing some research on these products, I am a little confused. It seems the BPT IT200 box has a analog line connection. Would I need to connect this to an analog line port on the TDA meaning I could get rid of the TDA doorphone card or would that BPT line connect to the TDA door phone card?

If it connects via a analog line card then I am presuming the user can still dial a door lock release code which the BPT will understand?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Right, I have worked it out. The IT200 uses an analog line connection so the TDA will need an analog line card instead of the door phone card.

Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back