Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TD1232/TVS50: Incomplete Call Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelDOM2005

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
Hello friends:

Here's what I'm trying to do:

One person has three offices and three separate extensions. (Office, second office and residence).

When a call comes in, I would like all three phones to ring. The only way to do this is to use a phantom extension. That sounds OK.

Apparently, there is a way that a call can be sent to the voice mail system using the Incomplete call handling feature if the voice mail system initiates the call. Is this correct? How can I set up incomplete call handling ... is that done in class of service or something?

I guess what I'm going to have to do to get this to work is to force EVERYONE - (even inside users) to dial into the voice mail system and then have the VMS dial the phantom extension, because any other way, it won't work.

Thanks for the help,
Michael.

"One person has three offices and three separate extensions. (Office, second office and residence).
When a call comes in, I would like all three phones to ring. The only way to do this is to use a phantom extension. That sounds OK."

As long as the DIL setting under CO line setting is not set to anything, you can use the "DIL 1:1 N" setting to enable any extensions to ring on incoming calls if there is no initial auto attendant. But it sounds like your using full auto-attendant. So if that's the case there is two ways, and both should be tried to see which better suits the customer. The phantom extension is one, using an extension group is another. You must do supervised transfers to both (WHEN WILL PANASONIC DESIGN AN OVERFLOW/FINAL DESTINATION, DAMMIT!?)

"Apparently, there is a way that a call can be sent to the voice mail system using the Incomplete call handling feature if the voice mail system initiates the call. Is this correct? How can I set up incomplete call handling ... is that done in class of service or something? "

Yea thats in the actual mailbox. Say your phantom extension is 200. You should have created a 200 mailbox. Log in to mailbox 200 and press 4. Then press 4 again for "Incomplete Handling". Here you can set up what options the caller will hear BEFORE the mailbox greeting. I usually turn them all off so that the caller just hears the MB greeting. I'm not sure if there is anything here to help you, because the caller has to have entered the voicemail box before these options apply.

"I guess what I'm going to have to do to get this to work is to force EVERYONE - (even inside users) to dial into the voice mail system and then have the VMS dial the phantom extension, because any other way, it won't work."

It sounds like all you need to do if using a full-auto-attendant, is to point the caller to the phantom extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back